POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Personal Update : Re: Personal Update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Personal Update
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 18 Jan 2002 21:40:49
Message: <3C48DC7C.F4182B1A@aol.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> > I think people just aren't as interested in particle systems...

In the case of Megapov Plus, I'm not sure that is the issue. I downloaded the
patch on the strength of a few stills I saw done with it, and really wanted to be
able to use it, as I liked what I saw. The problem is, not being acquainted with
the finer points of particle systems, I found the documentation of the particle
system portion of the patch difficult to follow and impossible to put into
practice. I would have liked to see some demo files and a detailed tutorial
included in the archive, because, as I said, I was really interested in some of
the effects possible with this patch.